The company has published an infographic http://slidesha.re/1yvv0Kw illustrating some of the reasons that make North Wales the ideal location for new data centres. These include;
– FibreSpeed’s dark fibre network and its connectivity to the IT hubs of Manchester and Dublin
– Low energy costs and high energy security from local sources
– Physical security from opportunist threats and casual intrusions
– Skill workforce available through organisations such as Bangor university
– Low land costs and government support creating an attractive development environment
Hosting UK, which is part of cloud company iomart, is based in St Asaph and already delivers high speed connectivity and data transit to its customers via the FibreSpeed network.
Phil Parry, sales & service director at Hosting UK, said, ‘Spectacular surroundings and amazing infrastructure mark out North Wales as a great environment to do business. The low land costs, and the excellent energy production and generation assets of the area, coupled with relative seclusion make North Wales a perfect place for data centres, particularly when you can use FibreSpeed’s high performance and reliable dark fibre network.’